The Summit is Complete!
The BC Open Data Summit was a huge success. Thank you to all of our sponsors, volunteers and members of the Open Data Society of BC for making it a such a huge success. Please visit our Society web site for for conference photos and other materials.
Join us in Vancouver on February 19th for the 2013 BC Open Data Summit.
It's 2013. Organizations have realized the benefits of openness. Many have open data projects in the works. They are solving a number of challenges - legal, privacy, technical and resourcing issues - that have emerged, and they are developing best practices in response to the challenges. The summit provides a forum for sharing these practices and solutions.
What is it being used for? What value is being generated right now? What is next for open data in BC? Join us for the 2013 BC Open Data Summit and participate in the conversation to make open data work for your organization.
If you are a decision maker and influencer in the B.C. municipal or provincial government or the private sector, you will want to be a part of this conference.
Content is focused on positive open data outcomes and the value delivered for citizens, businesses, non-profit societies and academia.
During the summit, we bring together a diverse group of leading edge speakers from across Canada and the United States.
Participants will have an opportunity to share their perspective throughout the day on the challenges and possible solutions facing open data initiatives.
If you see yourself as part of the movement towards open data, you will want to to be there on Feb 19.
This conference will influence how we use, connect and access data across all disciplines. This is your chance to hear, share and join in the conversation.
We need your voice, your support to Liberate The Data.
- Elizabeth Denham (Victoria), Information & Privacy Commissioner, Province of BC
- Stephane Guidoin (Montreal), Transportation Director, Open North
- Philip Ashlock (Washington DC), Co-founder, Open311
- Michael Lenczner (Montreal), CEO, Ajah
- Pete Forde (Toronto), Hacker Tourist
- Lisa Green (San Francisco), Director, Common Crawl Foundation
- Per Kristensen (Nanaimo), Director Information Technology, City of Nanaimo
- Vincent Gogolek (Vancouver), Executive Director, B.C. Freedom of Information and Privacy Association
- David Wrate (Victoria), Director - Citizen Engagement, Province of BC
- Sean Simpson (Surrey), GIS Manager, City of Surrey
- Luke Closs (Vancouver), Founder and CTO, Recollect.net - the garbage reminder service.
- Kieran Harrop (Victoria), Partner and Executive Consultant, CGI
- Bowen Osoko (Victoria) Communications Coordinator, Victoria Police
- Paul Norman (Vancouver), Editor and Developer, Open StreetMap
The BC Open Data Summit is a one-day event being held in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia on February 19, 2013 at the Simon Fraser University Segal Graduate School of Business (500 Granville Street).