Join us in Vancouver on February 21st, 2014 for the Canadian Open Data Summit.
It's 2014. Organizations have realized the benefits of openness. Many have open data projects in the works. They are solving a number of challenges - legal, privacy, technical and resourcing issues - that have emerged, and they are developing best practices in response to the challenges. The summit provides a forum for sharing these practices and solutions.
What is it being used for? What value is being generated right now? What is next for open data in BC? Join us for the 2014 Open Data Summit and participate in the conversation to make open data work for your organization.
If you are a decision maker and influencer in the B.C. municipal or provincial government or the private sector, you will want to be a part of this conference.
Content is focused on positive open data outcomes and the value delivered for citizens, businesses, non-profit societies and academia.
During the summit, we bring together a diverse group of leading edge speakers from across Canada and the United States.
Participants will have an opportunity to share their perspective throughout the day on the challenges and possible solutions facing open data initiatives.
If you see yourself as part of the movement towards open data, you will want to to be there on Feb 21.
This conference will influence how we use, connect and access data across all disciplines. This is your chance to hear, share and join in the conversation.
We need your voice, your support to Integrate The Data.
- Honourable Andrew Wilkinson, Minister of Minister of Technology, Innovation and Citizens' Services, BC
- David Hume, Executive Director, Citizen Engagement, BC Government (Emcee)
- Jeni Tennison, Technical Director, ODI (UK)
- Tiago Peixoto, Open Government Specialist, World Bank
- James McKinney, Open North
- Emma Irwin, Mozilla
- Jean-Noé Landry, Quebec ouvert/Montreal ouvert
- Chad Skelton, Investigative reporter and Data journalist, Vancouver Sun
- Sean Holman, Public-eye-online, journalist, Jack Webster journalism award winner
- Jay Bhalla, Co-Founder of Canadian Open Data Institute & Executive Director, Open Institute
- Adam Naamani, Resider CEO
- Todd Pugh, Executive Director, CivicInfo BC
- Todd Khozein, Founder SecondMuse
- Sylvain Latour, Director Open Government Secretariat
- Dan Melton, Deputy CTO, Granicus
- Alex Ritchie, Open Government Lead, BC Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
- Catherine Chernoff, Senior Technical Analyst, BC Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
- Sue Bigelow, Digital Conservator, City of Vancouver Archives
The Open Data Summit is a one-day event being held in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia on February 21, 2014 at the Simon Fraser University Segal Graduate School of Business (500 Granville Street).